Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator
Location: Chatsworth, CA (In Person)
An established foreign food manufacturer has expanded its business to the United States and is currently looking for an energetic, detail oriented and well organized Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) Coordinator to join our team Full-time to support the startup business in Los Angeles, CA. The incumbent will oversee all the activities in the field of EH&S including but not limited to conduct job hazard analysis (JHA), hold monthly safety meetings, maintain different compliance programs, and coordinate different safety training to reinforce the safety culture in the company.
- Conduct job hazard analysis (JHA) of all positions on the production floor and update the JHAs as needed
- Conduct annual refresher training to all employees in the area of health, safety, ergonomics and other required aspects
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement in all areas of safety
- Coordinate with staffing agencies to hold safety committee meetings on a monthly basis
- Constantly walk through the production floor to ensure that safety protocols are followed by employees
- Develop a strong relationship with employees and facilitate employee-led behavior-based safety process in a team based environment
- Address any safety concerns with the management team immediately
- Work collaboratively with different departments including production, warehouse, QA and maintenance to ensure the workplace safety
- Conduct employee incident investigation to uncover root cause and track completion of corrective actions
- Maintain and manage the EHS programs, policies and procedures that comply with federal, state and local rules and regulations. Apply and renew any permits or licenses applied.
- Assist with any government inspections in the field of EHS including but not limited to OSHA, Health Dept., Building & Safety, etc.
- Perform other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety & Health or a related field preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish required**
- 1-2 years of experience in workplace environmental, health and safety program management preferred
- Working knowledge of Cal/OSHA regulations, policies, programs, PPE, environmental policies (EPA), safety engineering, accident/injury investigation procedures and operating rules, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills along with computer skills. (MS Word and Excel)
- Excellent organization and time management skills, flexibility, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and possible overtime, and business travel when needed
Salary: $60,000.00 - $72,000.00 per year