Electrician Manufacturing/industrial Controls
Location: Chatsworth, CA (In Person)
An established foreign food manufacturer expands business in the United States and is currently looking for an experienced Electrician to join our maintenance team full-time while assisting our contractors to bring our facility back to operation in Los Angeles, CA. The incumbent will be responsible for preventive, predictive, and breakdown maintenance of plant assets in an efficient manner to improve reliability.
- Assist with mechanics to identify working condition of existing equipment on production floor
- Restore/ repair existing automated industrial control equipment for production needs.
- Interface and support new/existing automated industrial control equipment to existing ones by modifying PLC and HMI systems
- Diagnose and replace faulty hydraulic and pneumatic electric components of machinery and equipment controls
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair electric components including but not limited to conduit, enclosures, control panels, sensors, motors, safety circuits, etc. (120V, 240V, and 480V)
- Install and maintain industrial control equipment and instrumentation, including loop controls, variable frequency drives (VFD’s), control panels, and load balancing
- Assist in preventative maintenance on different machineries and equipment on a regular basis to minimize downtime hours
- Assist with specifications for electrical work orders
- Abided by all safety protocols at work including Lock Out - Tag Out (LOTO), high voltage electrical, personal protective equipment, risk assessment and work permits, etc.
- Move heavy equipment to different areas of the plant using forklifts, powered pallet jacks and hoist systems
- Safely use scissor lifts and other equipment to reach heights of up to 50 feet
- Perform other duties assigned
- Maintain machinery with 480-volt, 3-phase, including single phase 120-volt systems and larger 4, 160-volt equipment.
- Support, troubleshoot, improve and maintain high-speed production and packaging machinery
- Perform routine preventative and corrective maintenance on equipment such as: AC/DC drives and motors, Programmable logic hydraulic and Pneumatic devices, and plant support equipment.
- Review, interpret, electrical schematics, sketches, vendor drawings and manuals.
- Responsible for maintaining and programming logic controllers (PLC) and computer process controls
- GED or high school diploma required
- Minimum 3-5 years of automated industrial electrical experience, preferably in food manufacturing
- PLC programming with Allen Bradley preferred; other platforms such as Siemens, Mitsubishi desired
- Thorough understanding of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical systems
- Ability to weld iron and stainless steel parts for machineries and equipment
- Knowledge of Material Safety Data Sheet and the different hazards of chemicals used in the industry
- Ability to read schematics, AutoCAD drawings, blueprints, and manufacturing manuals
- Ability to work flexible schedule depending on the operational needs
- Must be a team player with excellent people and organization skills
- Computer literacy including MS suite, Google Apps and other professional software.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Physical requirement including frequent lifting up to 25 lbs., occasional lifting up to 50 lbs., and infrequent lifting up to 100 lbs. For instances when employee is required to lift more than 50 lbs and 100 lbs they must work in teams of two or use the proper equipment and tools for the job/task at hand. Ability to walk on concrete and uneven surfaces for at least 2 hours or more; ability to sit, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; occasional working at heights above 10 ft; exposure to bright light, extreme temperatures, loud noise, dust, gas, chemicals, etc.
Salary: $30.00 - $35.00 per hour
- Mechanical knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
- Industrial electrician: 3 years (Required)
- Programmable Logic Controllers: 1 year (Preferred)