Location: Chatsworth, CA (In Person)
Synear Foods USA is an established foreign food manufacturer expanding its business in the United States and is currently looking for an experienced Maintenance Supervisor to join our dynamic plant management team to bring the facility back to operation in Chatsworth, CA.
Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for the management of activities relating to physical plant operations. The incumbent will have to equip the knowledge of purchasing, supplies, grounds keeping, and equipment repair, as well as people management skills.
Operational Planning and Management:
- Delegate and monitor progress of work orders and preventive maintenance (PM) schedules.
- Coordinate with other departments for work order and PM scheduling.
- Implement plans provided by management, ensuring timely communication of updates to following shifts.
Problem Solving and Decision Making:
- Act as the technical decision maker on shift when issues arise and follow through on communication and planning
- Respond to radio calls out on the floor and understand the nature of the situation and potential outcomes
- Collaborate with the Production Manager to balance production capabilities and maintenance requirements.
- Work with Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) for facility safety, assigning maintenance personnel for necessary safety checks, such as ladder inspections, fire extinguisher checks, and Regulation 4 components.
- Identify and partner with vendors to meet project requirements and complete facility projects within established timelines.
- Coordinate with IT, HR, Finance, and Production teams on special requests.
Equipment and Facility Management:
- Ensure Maintenance Personnel release equipment to Production in a safe operating mode, providing instructions to operating personnel when routine operation procedures need modifications.
- Be responsible for the management activities relating to physical plant operations, including physical building structure, mechanical, electrical, ammonia system, plumbing and utility systems in accordance with regulatory requirements.
Team Management and Development:
- Oversee hiring, training, coaching, and disciplinary actions of department staff and/or contract staff.
- Manage performance and expectations of Maintenance Personnel, including approving their time cards.
- Support team members by working alongside them on the floor, engaging in hands-on projects as needed, and fostering a team-based work environment through knowledge sharing and coaching.
Performance Monitoring and Reporting:
- Be responsible for department’s KPIs
- Provide end-of-shift updates of issues resolved and ongoing issues
- Document and report to management any abnormalities
- Monitor Utilities areas, Production areas, and Facilities areas
- Step in as Production Shift Manager when required.
- Develop and implement practices that promote and protect health, safety, security and the quality of work life, the environment and organizational effectiveness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree required and Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field preferred.
- 5 to 7 years solid experience working in maintenance and proven track record of leadership in the food manufacturing industry.
- Experience with food manufacturing industry preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule depending on the operational needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills along with computer skills. (MS Word and Excel)
- Excellent organization and time management skills, flexibility, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be hands-on and able to troubleshoot mechanical problems.
- Must be a team player with excellent people and organizational skills.
- Must be able to motivate, coach, train, reward, and recognize employees.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Maintenance Supervisor: 5 years (Required)
- Leadership: 1 year (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $71,800.00 - $86,000.00 per year